
Since the start of the Industrial Revolution, several environmental problems appeared. There is a solution for our environmental problems in which cool cities are developed in more that one country to stop the global warming (Gulf news). In my blog, I will discuss how the contribution to global warming is happening in modern cities. Also, I will discuss the suitable solutions in which how to save energy and reduce carbon emissions. At the end, I will include my opinion about this subject.
I will start with discussing the problems that help modern cities to contribute to global warming. One of the problems is the increase of green house emissions and this increase effected the industrialization and population growth (Global Issues). There are some human activities that helped the increasing of emissions, like for example: the burning of oil and the coal has a bad effect on the environment. One more reason is the overuse of the natural resources (Global Issues). For example, building modern cities and the use of transportation, increases carbon emission; this has a huge and bad effect on the environment.
Earlier, I discussed the problems. Now I’ll give solutions to the problems mentioned before. One of the solutions is having cool cities. This will help in the reduction of carbon emission because it uses alternative energy (Cool Cities). For example, we can use hydride cars and monorails for transportation inside the city. Also, we can use echo towers which will help to reduce the emission percentage to half of its amount (Hope). In addition we can use echo residents to reduce 30% of the emissions. Moreover, we can always use filter lights in the city, which will reduce the heat flow (Salama).
Concluding the above mentioned points, I think that there are many cool cities in the whole world that will help reduce the carbon emissions. We, as human beings, have to develop these techniques that will help to clean the earth from the emissions, which will result in a having a nice and clear air to live in.
Works Cited
Cool Cities. Http://www.admc.hct.ac.ae/hd1. 8 May 2009.
Gulf news. "Japanese consortium to promote 'Cool City' project in the UAE." Http://archive.gulfnews.com. 2 Nov. 2007.
"Global Issues." Http://www.globalissues.org. 10 May 2009
Salama, Vivian. "Building a green dream." Http://www.thenational.ae. 6 May 2008.
Hope, Bradley. "Cool ideas to beat the heat." Http://www.thenational.ae. 5 May 2008.

No comments:
Post a Comment